Mosquitoes can carry diseases like malaria, yellow fever, many types of encephalitis and dengue. Almost 600 million people die each year with mosquito-born diseases. What can you do to prevent getting bitten?
Mosquito netting is important because it prevents an insect bite that carries infectious diseases. It comes in a variety of shapes, color and purposes. Here are some guidelines for you to choose the perfect mosquito netting.
- Size and shape: The size of the net should be spacious. It should have enough space to cover your whole body while sleeping. The mosquito netting should provide you with your needed air circulation. A mosquito net with holes of 1.2mm x 1.2mm is the most used and the most recommended.Rectangular mosquito nettings are more advisable to use because it provides much needed space for you and your friends. Pyramid shaped mosquito nets could be used for individual purposes.
- Material: There are two most common material used in mosquito netting – polyester and cotton. Mosquito netting made of polyester is lightweight that could be used for camping and other traveling needs. It lasts longer than cotton nets because cotton is not water-resistant and weighs more when wet. But cotton mosquito netting could offer a more comfortable rest when used outdoors. Both of these kinds of netting are available in different sizes and thickness of the thread used.For a more efficient mosquito net, it is recommended to purchase a net that has been sprayed with high quality insecticides. If the nets are pre-treated with insecticides, the mosquito net repellant could be useful at least for a year depending on heat and rain exposure. If insecticide is no longer there, you could always buy from your nearest store.
- Purpose: The mosquito netting is perfect for a number of situations. It could be used outside of your backyard as gazebos and umbrellas. It could be used in your house as doors, windows and balconies. It could be used in traveling and in camping. Whatever the case may be, it could be used anywhere you may go.
- Variety: The mosquito netting could be purchased in a number of styles and shapes for your preference. Here are some of the basic kinds of mosquito nets available in stores.
- Head and body nets: These kinds of nets are usually used outdoors in camping and in dealing with swarms of mosquitoes. There are nets available to cover any part of the body, or the whole body itself.
- Indoor nets: Indoor nets are used in the repelling of insects inside the house. It is to protect your children and yourself from future insect bites. It is used in screening the doors, windows, as draperies, and many more.
- Hanging nets: These kinds of mosquito nets are hanged from the top of your house and tucked into the floor. They are the types of nets that are best used as umbrella, for balconies, and for larger areas to cover.
- Equipment nets: These are specialty equipments produced with mosquito netting. Samples of this include a baby stroller net, bed canopies, and many more.
Now that you know how to buy the perfect mosquito netting for you, invest now and experience the protection your family would maintain.